Team Co-ordinator in MOST
Do you have the passion and drive to ensure a high standard of care is provided to our service users?
Are you an excellent communicator and someone who can be a role model to others?
We're currently recruiting for a Team Co-ordinator who will be the first point of contact for a specific group of service users within our domiciliary care department of MOST.
You will also be supervising a team of support workers by carrying out spot checks, supervisions, attend regular team meetings and providing telephone support.
The role involves travelling within the areas of Tunbridge Wells, Tonbridge and parts of Maidstone for 3 days of the week to ensure the support being provided is to a high standard and that paperwork is accurate and up to date.
You will be office based in Pembury one day of the week and there is an on-call rota for weekends and evenings. You may also be required to work support shifts and sleep-ins occasionally.
Other duties include:
• Carry out initial assessments of new and existing users of our service within your team under the direction of the Service Manager and to liaise with the service purchaser regarding this.
• Support new clients and new support workers to visit existing services and meet the people who live there.
• Promote person centred approaches and ensure support plans are person centred, accurate and appropriate. This includes ensuring observations and recordings are up to date, that the support plans are understood by all and are appropriately implemented.
• Support people whose behaviours may challenge us or others in line with our values and positive behaviour ethos being proactive and improving quality of life.
• Undertake regular review of support plans and risk assessments and to ensure that assessments are comprehensively updated with a maximum interval of 6 months.
• Undertake direct supervision of care staff in accordance with the Supervision Policy.
The successful candidate will have:
• a minimum of NVQ 3 in Health and Social Care or equivalent qualification and be willing to work towards a Level 5
• experience of working in care, in a supervisory role
• knowledge of autism, complex needs and challenging behaviour
• excellent communication skills using a variety of methods
• the role does require a driver
In return we’ll provide you with all the training you need, competitive terms and conditions and an environment where you can reach your full potential.
If this sounds like the job for you, application form can be downloaded using the link below or by contacting the HR department on 01892 820339 or email@example.com