Support Worker (Birch)
Do you have a passion for supporting people with complex needs who can present challenging behaviour at times?
Would you like to work in a brand new service and help shape the support we provide to our new service users?
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join our new team in Birch in Pembury near Tunbridge Wells, supporting adults with learning disabilities, autism and complex needs to live full and rewarding lives.
We’re currently recruiting for a number of support workers to provide support to two individuals who each live alone in a single service, working on a rota basis throughout the week.
The rota will include shifts between 7.30am and 10.00pm Monday to Sunday including bank holidays. You will also be required to carry out sleep ins. Initially while we settle the service users into their new home, the rota will also include waking night shifts.
The role will involve providing one to one support to the service users within Birch to carry out their day to day activities such as shopping, cooking, household chores, personal care and pursuing their hobbies
The successful candidate will:
• have experience of working with adults with a learning disability who can, at times, display challenging behaviour
• understand Positive Behaviour Support and how to implement this
• be positive, engaging, confident and consistent in their approach.
• ideally have experience or an understanding of autism, sensory processing difficulties and different types of communication
• hold a full driving licence
• be a team player but also be able to use their own initiative
In return we’ll provide you with all the training and support you need, competitive terms and conditions and an environment where you can reach your full potential.
If this sounds like the job for you, contact our recruitment team on email@example.com or 01892 820339 for an application form.