1:1 Male Support Worker (Finch)
Do you enjoy a challenge? Fancy a job where no 2 days are the same?
Are you enthusiastic, caring and supportive? Do you have experience of working with adults with learning difficulties?
If so, come and join our team!
We’re currently looking for a 1:1 Support Worker to support adults with autism, learning disabilities and complex needs to live full and rewarding lives.
The people we support enjoying doing fun activities such as trampolining, indoor bowls and trips to the seaside. You’ll also support them with their day to day activities such as shopping, cooking, household chores, managing their health, personal care and pursuing their hobbies.
The seven men who live in the house have a number of complex needs including learning difficulties, autism, epilepsy and dementia. Experience in any of these areas would be a distinct advantage.
The house has a real homely feel, is always full of fun and music and even has its own pet cat!
Due to the nature of our clients and the assistance you’ll be providing them with, we require a male for this role.
The successful candidate will:
• Have experience of working with adults with learning disabilities, some of which are severe
• Be confident in their personality
• Ideally have experience of working with adults with challenging behaviour
• Have some knowledge of Makaton signing and other communication systems as some of our service users are non-verbal
• Ideally hold a full valid driving licence and have use of a car
In return you’ll receive competitive pay and benefits, the opportunity to work overtime and get to be part of a fantastic organisation where you can really make a difference.
If this sounds like the job for you, application form can be downloaded using the link below or by contacting the HR department on 01892 820339 or firstname.lastname@example.org